Market Day July 4
Shop Local this July 4th!
The Wakefield Farmers Market team is celebrating the 4th, this Saturday July 4 at Hall Park on the shores of Lake Quannapowitt. The market takes place each Saturday from 9:00-1:00 through October 31, 2020. The weather looks like it’s going to be a beautiful.
Things seemed a little more normal last week, and we thank you for your patience while we learn to navigate through the new procedures..
Help support our local farmers and small batch producers, who are offering up some great specials and products this 4th of July. Lots of great options for your weekend BBQ.
Don’t forget to visit the WFM Market Kitchen page each Friday before the market to make your shopping list for a delicious market meal
Kelly’s Farm – is back! Raspberries, Blueberries, and hopefully some strawberries!! As well as cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, and squash
Lilac Hedge Farm – pasture raised meats for all your summer grilling and free range eggs.
NEW: Neighbor’s Acre Farms will have lots of nutrient rich microgreens and mushrooms.
West River Creamery – The best cheeses made in Vermont.
Small Batch Food Vendors:
Deano’s Pasta – fourth generation pasta makers from Somerville, MA. Their pastas and sauces are all natural, non-gmo, locally handcrafted and hand packed to assure the highest quality
Fork on a Road – Suman will have her Golden Harvest Hummus Kits,add fresh golden beets from Farmer Dave’s. Also, Stone Fruit & Heirloom Tomato Tabouli kits will be starting this week. Visit your favorite farmers for fresh produce and you have a delicious meal or side dish!
Habibi Gourmet – Will have tabouli, metch (bulgur salad), cauliflower salad, labne with beets and walnuts and, feta cheese salad
The Bread Shop – artisan breads are baked fresh daily in a hearth oven right here in Wakefield.
The Roasted Granola – Each batch of our granola is made by hand and checked for quality. It is not too sweet, contains healthy nuts and seeds, has a touch of quinoa and is made with Greek olive oil. Constantly working to bake the homemade, small batch flavor into every bite
Small Batch Beverage Vendors:
Aaronap Cellars is offering a couple of Super Duo wine specials to kick off summer sippin’ & BBQs.
Super Rose Duo: 2 bottles of Chambourcin Rose for $24 (20% discount)
Super Syrah duo: 2 bottles of Syrah-Mourvedre for $32 (20% discount)
Available by pre-order (www.aaronapcellars.com/buy-online) or in person at the market
Pour Man’s Coffee – your Saturday morning favorite is back with their signature coffee, brewed low & slow! Quarts, Gallons & by the cup!
Emmett’s Pet Treats their handmade dog treats are a market favorite by many 4 legged guests
Our market is back to live shopping, but will continue to offer Pre-Order from many of our vendors. Visit our website at www.wakefieldfarmersmarket.org to order your items and schedule a pickup time (15 minute slots) for your convenience.
Per the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and our Board of Health, to keep our customers, vendors and volunteers safe we have a few new rules we ask everyone to follow:
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Enter at the back of the parking lot near the boat launch (ENTRANCE sign posted)
- Wait until a volunteer admits you
- Follow signage (foot traffic is one way)
- If possible, send one person to limit crowds
- Social Distance at all times – 6ft all around
- No reusable bags
- Do not touch products, ask a vendor for assistance
- Exit is near the Entrance (sanitizing stations available)
- Keep it moving to allow for the next group pickup.
- Parking lots are now open
- Pre-pay when pre-ordering online for the first two weeks or follow. SNAP customers follow the instructions for each vendor.
- Unfortunately, we will not be offering the Market Bucks Program this season due to COVID-19.
- Everyone deserves high quality healthy food! We accept SNAP/EBT, Pandemic EBT. For SNAP cards, you will purchase “SNAP Bucks” that you can use to purchase items from the vendors. We also match SNAP/EBT purchases with up to $10 in market bucks!
- WIC and Senior Coupons can only be used for produce and some select items from Farmer Dave.
We need your help!!! There are plenty of volunteer opportunities at our market.
- Go to wakefieldfarmersmarket.org
- Click Volunteer tab at top
- Click the button that says “Choose a spot on Sign Up.com”
We have many short shifts available–many hands and all that.
Last but not least…
The Wakefield Farmers Market runs RAIN OR SHINE (except in dangerous weather, e.g. lightning or hurricane conditions). Website address: wakefieldfarmersmarket.org or you can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
See you at the Market!