Farmers Market Manager
Wakefield Farmers Market
Wakefield Farmers Market (WFM) is seeking a Market Manager for our seasonal farmers market, available to start immediately.
Since 2009, WFM has run a successful seasonal weekly Saturday outdoor farmers market in Wakefield, MA. The mission of WFM is to provide a venue for local farmers to sell their locally grown produce directly to consumers so as to increase profits for our farmers and to make it easier for consumers to access freshly picked and produced local produce and other foods. In addition, WFM provides space for local made artisans vendors, local charitable and civic organizations, musicians, and other special guests. The market also offers the opportunity to promote our town as a cultural arts, recreation, and dining destination, and creates an atmosphere that brings neighbors together to shop, play, and picnic.
The Market Manager is a part-time hourly position, $20/hr. The Market Manager position is 12-15 hours/week during the 18 week market season (mid-June to mid-October) and includes some work off-season. The Market Manager will report to the WFM Committee.
Tasks may include the following:
• Vendor recruitment, coordination, and management
• Volunteer recruitment, coordination, and management
• Oversee Market Day Coordinator
• Managing day-of events
• Market set up/take down
• Attend public meetings with WFM Committee representative to secure permits, etc.
• Solicit and manage entertainment for the markets days
Required skills are the following:
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to think creatively
• Can lift up to 40 pounds
• Can work outdoors rain or shine
• Have access to a computer
• Commit to work for the entire market season
Preferred skills include:
• Passionate about farmers markets, promoting local goods
• Marketing experience, social media
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and three references to [email protected] See www.wakefieldfarmersmarket.org for more information about WFM.