The weather for this Saturday, September 5, looks like a corker. Enjoy the sunshine and light breeze off the shores of Lake Quannapowitt and start off the weekend at Hall Park from 9:00-1:00 through October 31, 2020. It’s a beautiful way to shop!
Mark your calendars for September 26, as we welcome our Flu Shot Clinic brought to you by the Wakefield Board of Health. More info coming soon on how to schedule a shot.
We’ve got a jam packed market for Labor Day 2020, this week’s vendors include all our favorite farmers. Jerry’s Upholstery will also be at the market with a selection of handmade masks and beautiful home decor to spruce up your space. Jennifer’s Handmade Soap is here with her gorgeous handmade soaps, wash your hands in luxurious suds.
Farmer Dave’s – Baked Goods, pickles, stone fruit, melons, lettuce, beautiful tomatoes, carrots and more
Fay Mountain Farm – tomatoes, squashes, stone fruit
Flats Mentor Farm – Delicious Asian Greens such as baby bok choy, water spinach, pea tendrils and more. Try the stir fry mix of veggies! Flats Mentor Farm is a cash only vendor with great prices.
Kelly’s Farm – beets, corn, cukes, and beautiful flower bouquets.
Lilac Hedge Farm – pasture raised meats for all your summer grilling and free range eggs.
Neighbor’s Acre Farm is back with the most delicious microgreens to add flavor to everything you make
Roberto’s Seafood – The best seafood around is here. Call or email ahead to guarantee what you’d like.
Small Batch Food Vendors:
Deano’s Pasta – fourth generation pasta makers from Somerville, MA. Pre-order for credit card orders and to ensure you get what you want before they sell out. Deano’s is a cash only vendor at the market.
Fork on a Road – Visit your favorite farmers for the fresh produce listed on the recipe package, follow the recipe, and you have a delicious meal, side dish or appetizer.
Goodies Homemade – The best cookies around!
Grateful Tastes – artisanal spreads for more than just bread
Single Barrel Cellar – In addition to their fabulous maple syrup, SBC is bringing lots of old barrels that can be used as planters! Various sizes available
The Bread Shop – a small-town, big taste artisan bread bakery. By using fresh ingredients and pouring skill and passion into each product.
The Roasted Granola – Each batch of our granola is made by hand and checked for quality. It is not too sweet, contains healthy nuts and seeds, has a touch of quinoa and is made with Greek olive oil.
Small Batch Beverage Vendors:
Aaronap Cellars Summer Blush wine, lightly sweet and loaded with aromas of fresh Concord grapes, floral, and light citrus. Available by pre-order (www.aaronapcellars.com/buy-online) or in person at the market
Pour Man’s Coffee – your Saturday morning favorite is back with their signature coffee, brewed low & slow! Quarts, Gallons & by the cup! Pre-order and guarantee you get what you want before they sell out!
Emmett’s Pet Treats their handmade dog treats are a market favorite by many 4 legged guests
Per the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and our Board of Health, to keep our customers, vendors and volunteers safe we have a few new rules we ask everyone to follow:
- Mask or face covering MUST be worn at all times within the market.
- Enter at the back of the parking lot near the boat launch (ENTRANCE sign posted)
- Wait until a volunteer admits you, Do not jump the ropes, we have a maximum number allowed
- Follow signage (foot traffic is one way)
- If possible, send one person to limit crowds
- Social Distance at all times – 6ft all around
- Purses and reusable bags CAN NOT be placed on any surfaces
- Do not touch products, ask a vendor for assistance
- Exit is near the Entrance (sanitizing stations available)
- Keep it moving to allow for the next group pickup.
- Pre-pay when pre-ordering if possible, SNAP customers follow the vendors instructions and pay at market
- Unfortunately, we will not be offering the Market Bucks Program this season due to COVID-19.
- Everyone deserves high quality healthy food! We accept SNAP/EBT, Pandemic EBT, visit our market tent for SNAP Bucks
- WIC and Senior Coupons can only be used for produce and some select items from Farmer Dave.
We need your help!!! There are plenty of volunteer opportunities at our market. Click Volunteer tab at top, “Choose a spot on Sign Up.com”
We have many short shifts available.
Last but not least…
The Wakefield Farmers Market runs RAIN OR SHINE (except in dangerous weather, e.g. lightning or hurricane conditions). You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
See you at the Market!