The Wakefield Farmers Market team is ready to do it all again, this Saturday June 27 at Hall Park on the shores of Lake Quannapowitt. The market takes place each Saturday from 9:00-1:00 through October 31, 2020. The weather looks beautiful in the morning and hopefully, we will miss the rain.
As many of you may have noticed last week, things looked different in a few ways, and we thank you for your patience while we learn to navigate through this new normal.
We are back to live shopping this week and our farmers and vendors are offering up some great specials. And don’t forget to visit the WFM Market Kitchen page each Friday before the market to make your shopping list for a delicious market meal!
Farmer Dave’s – Summer Squash is starting to roll in – zucchini, summer squash and kousa. Perfect for grilled squash slices and kabobs!
Vegisode on summer squash Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8KvQml1CIg
Lilac Hedge Farm – pasture raised meats for all your summer grilling and free range eggs.
NEW: Neighbor’s Acre Farms will have lots of nutrient rich micro greens and mushrooms.
Small Batch Food Vendors:
Deano’s Pasta – fourth generation pasta makers from Somerville, MA. Their pastas and sauces are all natural, non-gmo, locally handcrafted and hand packed to assure the highest quality
Drive-by Pies – Pies at Drive-by Pies–Fruit Pies, Cream Pies, Chicken Pot Pies. Everything starts with real butter and only the freshest ingredients…hand-made…every day.
Fork on a Road – Suman will have her Golden Harvest Hummus Kits,add fresh golden beets from Farmer Dave’s. Also, Stone Fruit & Heirloom Tomato Tabouli kits will be starting this week. Visit your favorite farmers for fresh produce and you have a delicious meal or side dish!
Grateful Tastes – jams, jellies and preserves. Artisanal spreads for more than just breads!
Habibi Gourmet – Will have tabouli, metch (bulgur salad), cauliflower salad, labne with beets and walnuts and, feta cheese salad
The Bread Shop – artisan breads are baked fresh daily in a hearth oven right here in Wakefield.
Single Barrel Cellar – will have their Barrel Aged Maple Syrup Sampler pack which offers three different 4.25 oz barrel aged maple syrups. A perfect gift for a friend, house warming, or any occasion. You will get to enjoy a Single Malt, Whiskey, and Whiskey with Madagascar Vanilla Bean barrel aged maple syrup. They will also have their Barrel Aged Coffee Beans sourced from high quality, fair trade, coffee beans from the region of Minas Gerais and aged these beautiful dark fruit forward beans in a bourbon barrel for one month. The results are an extremely rich and robust aroma of bourbon, chocolate, raisin, and cherry. The flavor profile is beyond enjoyable, smooth, warming, yet not overpowering from the bourbon. Size is 12 oz.
The Roasted Granola – Each batch of our granola is made by hand and checked for quality. It is not too sweet, contains healthy nuts and seeds, has a touch of quinoa and is made with Greek olive oil. Constantly working to bake the homemade, small batch flavor into every bite
Small Batch Beverage Vendors:
Aaronap Cellars is offering a couple of Super Duo wine specials to kick off summer sippin’ & BBQs.
Super Rose Duo: 2 bottles of Chambourcin Rose for $24 (20% discount)
Super Syrah duo: 2 bottles of Syrah-Mourvedre for $32 (20% discount)
Available by pre-order (www.aaronapcellars.com/buy-online) or in person at the market
Pour Man’s Coffee – your Saturday morning favorite is back with their signature coffee, brewed low & slow! Quarts, Gallons & by the cup!
Emmett’s Pet Treats their handmade dog treats are a market favorite by many 4 legged guests
Per the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and our Board of Health, to keep our customers, vendors and volunteers safe we have a few new rules we ask everyone to follow:
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Enter at the back of the parking lot (ENTRANCE sign posted)
- Wait until a volunteer admits you
- Follow signage (foot traffic is one way)
- If possible, send one person to limit crowds
- Social Distance at all times – 6ft all around
- No reusable bags
- Do not touch products, ask a vendor for assistance
- Exit is near the Entrance (sanitizing stations available)
- Keep it moving to allow for the next group pickup.
- Parking lots are now open
- Pre-pay when pre-ordering online for the first two weeks or follow. SNAP customers follow the instructions for each vendor.
- Unfortunately, we will not be offering the Market Bucks Program this season due to COVID-19.
- Everyone deserves high quality healthy food! We accept SNAP/EBT, Pandemic EBT. For SNAP cards, you will purchase “SNAP Bucks” that you can use to purchase items from the vendors. We also match SNAP/EBT purchases with up to $10 in market bucks!
- WIC and Senior Coupons can only be used for produce and some select items from Farmer Dave.
We need your help!!! There are plenty of volunteer opportunities at our market.
- Go to wakefieldfarmersmarket.org
- Click Volunteer tab at top
- Click the button that says “Choose a spot on Sign Up.com”
We have many short shifts available–many hands and all that.
Last but not least…
The Wakefield Farmers Market runs RAIN OR SHINE (except in dangerous weather, e.g. lightning or hurricane conditions). Website address: wakefieldfarmersmarket.org or you can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
See you at the Market!