A beautiful summer day is predicted for the next Wakefield Farmers Market, this Saturday, July 25 at Hall Park on the shores of Lake Quannapowitt. The market takes place each Saturday from 9:00-1:00 through October 31, 2020.
With this new socially distant world, we don’t get to chat with all our customers and we miss it! Share your experiences, selfies, recipes, and what you picked up at the market. Add the #lovethewfm to your market related posts and share the love.
Have you made your weekly visit to the WFM Market Kitchen page for a bounty of delicious recipes? Check it out before the market and make your shopping list!
This week’s vendors include all our favorite farmers. Fay Mountain Farm and The Roasted Granola are taking a break this week, but will be back next week.
Vegisode: Pickles: They’re Brine and Dandy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO1SDfMhctQ
Pre-order and guarantee you get the produce that you want!
Flats Mentor Farm – Delicious Asian Greens such as baby bok choy, water spinach, pea tendrils and more. Try the stir fry mix of veggies! Flats Mentor Farm is a cash only vendor with great prices!
Kelly’s Farm – berries, berries, berries. Freshly picked strawberries and blueberries, plus summer squashes, and beautiful flower bouquets.
Lilac Hedge Farm – pasture raised meats for all your summer grilling and free range eggs. Try the blueberry sausage. May I suggest breakfast for dinner, add blueberry pancakes, and the Maple Blueberry Preserves from Grateful Tastes – yum.
Roberto’s Seafood – The best seafood around is here. Call or email ahead to guarantee what you’d like. Scallops and shrimp are on my shopping list.
Small Batch Food Vendors:
Deano’s Pasta – fourth generation pasta makers from Somerville, MA. Pre-order for credit card orders and to ensure you get what you want before they sell out. Deano’s is a cash only vendor at the market.
Drive-by Pies – Has extra large chicken or meat pies that feed 6-8. Preorder drive-bypies.com. Hand Pies available in apple, cherry or blueberry, as well as small and large pies. Keyl ime available as preorder only
Fork on a Road – Visit your favorite farmers for the fresh produce listed on the recipe package, follow the recipe, and you have a delicious meal, side dish or appetizer. This week, my favorite, Curried Corn Chowder, and Beet and Barley Risotto is back!
Goodies Homemade – Susan is back with her delicious scones and yummy cookies. Try the Brown butter Snickerdoodles, You’re welcome!
Grateful Tastes – two new (returning favorites) flavors with us, our Dark Sweet Cherry Preserves and Maple Blueberry Preserves.
Small Batch Beverage Vendors:
Aaronap Cellars is offering a wine special to kick off summer sippin’ & BBQs. Super Rose Duo: 2 bottles of Chambourcin Rose for $24 (20% discount) Available by pre-order (www.aaronapcellars.com/buy-online) or in person at the market
Pour Man’s Coffee – your Saturday morning favorite is back with their signature coffee, brewed low & slow! Quarts, Gallons & by the cup! Pre-order and guarantee you get what you want before they sell out!
The Bread Shop – is back! I missed my sourdough last week.
Emmett’s Pet Treats their handmade dog treats are a market favorite by many 4 legged guests
Per the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and our Board of Health, to keep our customers, vendors and volunteers safe we have a few new rules we ask everyone to follow:
- Mask or face covering MUST be worn at all times within the market.
- Enter at the back of the parking lot near the boat launch (ENTRANCE sign posted)
- Wait until a volunteer admits you, Do not jump the ropes, we have a maximum number allowed
- Follow signage (foot traffic is one way)
- If possible, send one person to limit crowds
- Social Distance at all times – 6ft all around
- Purses and reusable bags CAN NOT be placed on any surfaces
- Do not touch products, ask a vendor for assistance
- Exit is near the Entrance (sanitizing stations available)
- Keep it moving to allow for the next group pickup.
- Pre-pay when pre-ordering if possible, SNAP customers follow the vendors instructions and pay at market
- Unfortunately, we will not be offering the Market Bucks Program this season due to COVID-19.
- Everyone deserves high quality healthy food! We accept SNAP/EBT, Pandemic EBT, visit our market tent for SNAP Bucks
- WIC and Senior Coupons can only be used for produce and some select items from Farmer Dave.
We need your help!!! There are plenty of volunteer opportunities at our market. Click Volunteer tab at top, “Choose a spot on Sign Up.com”
We have many short shifts available–many hands and all that.
Last but not least…
The Wakefield Farmers Market runs RAIN OR SHINE (except in dangerous weather, e.g. lightning or hurricane conditions). Website address: wakefieldfarmersmarket.org or you can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
See you at the Market!