We are going to be blessed with another beautiful summer day for the next Wakefield Farmers Market, this Saturday, August 1 at Hall Park on the shores of Lake Quannapowitt. The market takes place each Saturday from 9:00-1:00 through October 31, 2020.
It’s great to see you all still having a family picnic at the lake and enjoying your purchases even if it is outside the market ropes. With this new socially distant world, we don’t get to chat with all our customers and we miss it! Share your experiences, selfies, recipes, and what you picked up at the market. Add the #lovethewfm to your market related posts and share the love.
Have you made your weekly visit to the WFM Market Kitchen page for a bounty of delicious recipes? Last week’s Roasted Kousa with Onion was quick and easy. Check it out before the market and make your shopping list!
In addition to this week’s farmers and small batch producers, we welcome our artisans back. This Saturday Sarah’s Originals will be selling her beautiful handmade masks for adults and children. Jennifer’s Handmade Soaps is back with her creative and lovely scented soaps.
Farmer Dave’s – This week it will be tomatoes, basil and corn! And of course blueberries.
This is a recipe making use of fresh blueberries, corn and herbs. Stacey from Farmer Dave’s made it with basil and swears it is amazing! www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/blueberry-corn-salad-with-honey-lime-vinaigrette?fbclid=IwAR2B-_5sv47HKNsysABr1Dj_E2qI5a9yYuEr4Pbdfk4pXos7-a8OYDe1TpM
Pre-order and guarantee you get the produce that you want!
Fay Mountain Farm – Lots of summer greens, the sweetest cherry tomatoes and more.
Flats Mentor Farm – Delicious Asian Greens such as baby bok choy, water spinach, pea tendrils and more. Try the stir fry mix of veggies!
Flats Mentor Farm is a cash only vendor with great prices!
Kelly’s Farm – berries, berries, berries. Freshly picked strawberries and blueberries, plus summer squashes, and beautiful flower bouquets.
Lilac Hedge Farm – pasture raised meats for all your summer grilling and free range eggs. Try the blueberry sausage. May I suggest breakfast for dinner, add blueberry pancakes, and the Maple Blueberry Preserves from Grateful Tastes – yum.
Roberto’s Seafood – The best seafood around is right here in Wakefield. Call or email ahead to guarantee what you’d like. Last week I got the scallops and grilled them. We enjoyed it with a crisp cucumber and tomato salad.
West River Creamery – will have fresh mozzarella this week.
Small Batch Food Vendors:
Deano’s Pasta – fourth generation pasta makers from Somerville, MA. Pre-order for credit card orders and to ensure you get what you want before they sell out. Deano’s is a cash only vendor at the market.
Fork on a Road – Visit your favorite farmers for the fresh produce listed on the recipe package, follow the recipe, and you have a delicious meal, side dish or appetizer. This week, my favorite, Curried Corn Chowder, and Beet and Barley Risotto is back!
Goodies Homemade – Susan is back with her delicious scones and yummy cookies. Try the Brown butter Snickerdoodles, You’re welcome!
Single Barrel Cellar – In addition to their fabulous maple syrup, SBC is bringing lots of old barrels that can be used as planters! Various sizes available
The Bread Shop – a small-town, big taste artisan bread bakery. By using fresh ingredients and pouring skill and passion into each product.
The Roasted Granola – Each batch of our granola is made by hand and checked for quality. It is not too sweet, contains healthy nuts and seeds, has a touch of quinoa and is made with Greek olive oil.
Small Batch Beverage Vendors:
Pour Man’s Coffee – your Saturday morning favorite is back with their signature coffee, brewed low & slow! Quarts, Gallons & by the cup! Pre-order and guarantee you get what you want before they sell out!
Emmett’s Pet Treats their handmade dog treats are a market favorite by many 4 legged guests. This week choose any 3 snack packs for $19.00. Seven great flavors to pick from!
Per the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and our Board of Health, to keep our customers, vendors and volunteers safe we have a few new rules we ask everyone to follow:
- Mask or face covering MUST be worn at all times within the market.
- Enter at the back of the parking lot near the boat launch (ENTRANCE sign posted)
- Wait until a volunteer admits you, Do not jump the ropes, we have a maximum number allowed
- Follow signage (foot traffic is one way)
- If possible, send one person to limit crowds
- Social Distance at all times – 6ft all around
- Purses and reusable bags CAN NOT be placed on any surfaces
- Do not touch products, ask a vendor for assistance
- Exit is near the Entrance (sanitizing stations available)
- Keep it moving to allow for the next group pickup.
- Pre-pay when pre-ordering online for the first two weeks or follow. SNAP customers follow the instructions for each vendor.
- Unfortunately, we will not be offering the Market Bucks Program this season due to COVID-19.
- Everyone deserves high quality healthy food! We accept SNAP/EBT, Pandemic EBT. For SNAP cards, you will purchase “SNAP Bucks” that you can use to purchase items from the vendors. We also match SNAP/EBT purchases with up to $10 in market bucks!
- WIC and Senior Coupons can only be used for produce and some select items from Farmer Dave.
We need your help!!! There are plenty of volunteer opportunities at our market. Click Volunteer tab at top and choose a spot on Sign Up.com” We have many short shifts available–many hands and all that.
Last but not least…
The Wakefield Farmers Market runs RAIN OR SHINE (except in dangerous weather, e.g. lightning or hurricane conditions).
See you at the Market!